Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: LightMeters and Kinoflex

  1. #1
    Inactive Member slickard's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2001
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi

    Just got into super 8 recently and I'm trying to find a good, cheap lightmeter, Any sugestions?

    My gear at the time( intill I can buy a Beaulieu 6000s) is a Quartz 1x8 super-2( aka Kinoflex) and I found out that I can take the lens of and was wondering if a c-mount adapter would fit on it?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member trevorbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2001
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know what to suggest as far as a light meter goes. In the first (and last) production class I took, we used older seconics. I don't remember the model number and I have misplaced my notes. I was the type that requires metal inserts for different lighting conditions. I've seen them on eBay but they don't always come whith the screens. I understand there are similar models that do not require them. The sell from about $50.00 and up.
    As for the Kinoflex, yes it is C mount, but no, you can't use other lenses. There is a lens element built into the camera so that if the lens is damaged, the camera can still be used albeit in a limited way.

    Anyone else whith more light meter info? I could use some advise myself smile

    -trevor

  3. #3
    Inactive Member ulrichsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    149
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Here is an older post: http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/Forum239/HTML/000850.html

    I ended up getting a sekonic L398-M. It bought it for $130 off Ebay, and it was $199 USD at a photo store. It is not digital, but precise and another positive is that it doesn't require batteries. I personally prefer needle over digital display anyway. Beware if you buy older light meters off of Ebay because the mercury batteries they used to use for these were banned and are no longer available in the USA because they are a waste hazard.

    If you go to sekonics website: http://www.sekonic.com
    they list all their models.

    HTH,
    Scott Ulrich

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •